Firefox crashes upon opening, even in safe mode and after uninstalling/reinstalling
Today, all of a sudden I am unable to open Firefox on my Windows 7 computer. The error is the Windoes "Firefox has stopped working" error with the signature below. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, along with attempting to open in Safe Mode, and I still get the same error. I also deleted the profile but the same problem exists.
Any help would be great!
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: firefox.exe Application Version: 184.108.40.20677 Application Timestamp: 5000b729 Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725 Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 0003c45f OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 0a9e Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789 Additional Information 3: 0a9e Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Read our privacy statement online:
If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
Additional System Details
- User Agent:
We're sorry to hear that your Firefox seems to be crashing when you open it. Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- Press the following shortcut to get a Run window: [Windows] + [R]. This should bring up a window that contains a text field.
- In that text field, enter %APPDATA% and press Enter. An explorer window should open.
- From that explorer window, double-click on the Mozilla folder, then double-click on Firefox and then on Crash reports. Double-click on submitted.
- Now, you should see a list of files that contain reports. Go to View > Arrange Icons by > Modified to get the most recent files at the top of the window.
- Open the most recent 5 files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID into the reply window on the forums.
Thanks in advance!
You can find more information and troubleshooting steps in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
When I go to C:\Users\(user)\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Crash Reports, there is no folder named "submitted", only a folder named pending.
I have this same problem, here is the only id there was 1344198288. I am sure it is because I have uninstalled & reinstalled. I am having to use explorer to
I seem to be having the same problem.
I am not certain whether this occurred exactly when Windows 7 Service Pack 1 was installed (because this is a work PC I don't know when OS patches are applied), but that's what it is running at the moment. And my current symptom matches this: I have uninstalled Firefox, deleted all user profiles, re-installed, and yet when I attempt to start Firefox (even in safe mode) it crashes.
For what it's worth, some of my most recent crash reports are:
- Crash ID: bp-ee350e7e-da3d-46fc-89d0-34f092121023
- Crash ID: bp-fee10dee-b9f0-48fe-bdae-cc3182121023
- Crash ID: bp-7c2ec70f-b830-42c8-8fb3-4e70d2121023
- Crash ID: bp-be37909a-45d8-4a8f-ae2f-f2d4c2121023
Does anyone have suggestions about how I can continue troubleshooting this?
I also have the same Fault. I cannot run Firefox it keeps crashing on open. here are my two submitted crash report IDs
Crash ID: bp-67a84b95-143b-4ca2-8931-8e44a2130111 Crash ID: bp-0607748d-d8a0-4585-aa32-3c22b2130111
any help appreciated
Same problem, started last night on an XP machine. Removed, cleaned registry, reinstalled 18. Instant crash in safe mode also. Crash reports; bp-ce27f149-7c9c-4a20-b5d7-733712130111 bp-fac4054b-a9b2-46e1-8dba-81d7b2130111
R_Owen, you appear have malware on your computer. Please try the following:
Run malwarebytes http://www.malwarebytes.org/ (Full scan after fully updating)
Run TDSSKiller http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208283363
Then, Reset Firefox. Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings
If you still crash, please let me know.
For everyone, this is an old thread about a possibly unrelated crash so I'm locking. Please create your own thread if the above doesn't work for you.
Use this link: Create a new thread
Modified by Noah_SUMO