Why does the website display white blank pages only?
I use Firefox 13.0.1 on a Mac OS X, and I often go to www.wenxuecity.com for news. But, in the past couple of days, when I type in that address in the URL window, only a white blank page shows up. Nothing else! If I use Google to find direct links to a few news items at that website and click the links, I also get white blank pages. No error message or anything else.
Could you tell what is going on here?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0.1
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
cor-el: Many thanks for the suggestions!
However, none of these works. Don't know why.
Is the page completely blank or is there still some content visible?
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
You can also try to check the Net log in the Web Console (Web Developer > Web Console;Cmd+Shift+K) to see if that bring up errors about loading files.
You can double click a net log entry to see more details.
You need to reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh all files with the Web Console panel open.
- Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button.
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Cmd + Shift + R" (MAC)
cor-el: Thank you for the additional information! Still, none of them works.
You can do a check for corrupted and duplicate fonts and other font issues:
- http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/multipleappsquit.html - Font Book 2.0 Help: Checking for damaged fonts
You can try different default fonts and temporarily disable website fonts to test the selected default font.
- Firefox > Preferences > Content : Fonts & Colors > Advanced
- [ ] "Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of my selections above"