I am about ready to stop using Firefox all together. Whenever I open it, or try to search the site http://mystart.incredibar.com/MB162?a=6OyDzgMGGI
Comes up. I have tried all kinds of crazy things suggested on Forums, but none have worked and all are very complicated.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Let's keep it simple. But a little bit long. Bear with me.
(1) The first thing is that you might have an Incredimail/Incredibar add-on that will keep changing your settings back to MyStart. So you probably want to check for that and remove it if you find it.
The add-on might have an unrelated name like Web Assistant. I think the best plan is: if you don't recognize the add-on as something you use all the time, disable it.
orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Add-ons > Extensions category
After disabling unnecessary extensions, restart Firefox.
(2) Next, if your home page has been switched, you can change it back to the built-in home page if you like.
orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Options > General
For "When Firefox starts" if you set "Show my home page" then just delete out whatever appears in the next line.
Alternately, you could choose a blank page.
(3) To change your various search features back to their default of Google search, the simplest method probably is to try this add-on:
If it doesn't work, come back for manual instructions.
(4) Finally, to find any stray settings, you could check Firefox's about:config preferences editor. This might not be necessary, but if you are a person who really likes to clean things out, try this:
(a) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter. Click the button promising to be careful.
(b) In the filter box, type or paste mystart and pause while the list is filtered
(c) To remove or clear any preferences that come up, right-click them and choose Reset.
(d) Repeat steps (b) and (c) with incredi to pick up Incredimail or Incredibar settings.
Does it work?
Thanks for the quick response. I did everything you sugested but there is a problem. WHen I get to step D. I get over a 100 things that pop up. Such as: extensions.incredibar.hmpg;false extensions.incredibar.admin; etc. It's going to take forever to right click and reset all of these! And there is no way to select all and do it that I can find.
Update, I went ahead and reset the first 20 or so and it seemed to have worked, but then I clicked "new tab" and got www.Babylon.com search! LOL.
So I did the about:config in the address bar, searched for Babylon and reset any that come up and it looks like I'm back in business for now.
IncrediMail Help Center: How do I remove IncrediMail MyStart from my Firefox Internet Browser?
¡Hola grizzlywon! Tambien tube el mismo problema con la pagina http://mystart.incredibar.com/ la cual se me establecia como motor de busqueda cada vez que abria una pestaña nueva en Firefox 14.0.1 La forma eficaz que encontre fue disintalar firefox y volverlo a instalar. Si lo piensas hacer, te recomiendo que hagas un respaldo de todos tus marcadores, pero no de las extensiones de firefox. Una vez que desintales y vuelvas a instalar Firefox, entonces vuelve a descargar e instalar todas las extensiones que usabas.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.