Firefox 14.0.1 will not run on my computer even after unistalling and reinstalling and cleaning the registry, yet Firefox 9 runs fine why?
As soon as I updated to Firefox 14.0.1 it would not start, I uninstalled and reinstalled several times, including removing almost all registry references to Firefox or Mozilla. As soon as I downloaded Firefox 9 it worked fine, I guess I will be waiting until and update that works. Windows 7, 64 bit, full updates, Webroot A/V, no malware. I don't so much as need a solution as I was offering up advice.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
uninstall & Reinstall, run ccleaner, download previous version of Firefox from Mozilla FTP.
Would you mind installing Firefox 14 again, and seeing if you get any crash Id's from it? there is a startup crash that we are investigating right now, and it seems similar to what you are experiencing.
- Press the following shortcut to get a Run window: [Windows] + [R]. This should bring up a window that contains a text field.
- In that text field, enter %APPDATA% and press Enter. An explorer window should open.
- From that explorer window, double-click on the Mozilla folder, then double-click on Firefox and then on Crash reports. Double-click on submitted.
- Now, you should see a list of files that contain reports. Go to View > Arrange Icons by > Modified to get the most recent files at the top of the window.
- Open the most recent 5 files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID into the reply window on the forums.
Thanks in advance!
You can find more information and troubleshooting steps in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
I checked when I was still working to solve the issue, no crash logs that I could find. I could see firefox.exe in the process list it would take up some memory and then vanish. The closest it ever got to opening was during the import data screen it would crash, then after that it would only do the event described above. I guess since you asked nicely I will try updating to 14 and see if that does anything for me. I will post again if I can get it working that way or if I find any crash logs.
Alright, so firefox took it's time updateing from 9 to 14.0.1 but it did, and here is the crash codes, the first is from the day I installed FF9 1343224659 and these two are from FF14.0.1 1343563235 and 1343577691. Any clues?
A code like 1343224659 is the date and time that the crash occurred and not the crash ID, so unfortunately it doesn't give us any information.
If you have submitted crash reports then please post the IDs of one or more crash reports that have this format:
You can find the IDs of the submitted crash reports on the about:crashes page.
- You can open the about:crashes page via the location bar, like you open a website.
If you can't open Firefox then see: