Firefox is sending the wrong cookie request for Shockwave.com How can I alter this?
The main page of shockwave loads ok, but thereafter I cannot access any other page. I just get the following error message: Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.
Cookie: MTVN_ABTest_choicestreamRecs=choicestream; MTVN_ABTest_swuUpsell=swuBanner; __cs_rr=1; __utma=1.756220825.1333034250.1342949113.1342985855.286; __utmz=1.1333034250.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|u (there's a lot more of this, but couldn't copy it all!) Can you help please?
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.525
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- Picasa plugin
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0.1
You might just want to clear your shockwave.com cookies and see whether that helps. This will log you out.
While viewing a page on the site, right-click and choose View Page Info > Security > "View Cookies"
Use the Remove button to remove each cookie. Then close the dialog and reload the site. Does it help?
Thanks for answering! Have tried everything - still no good. Am going to uninstall Firefox altogether. I've always liked Firefox, but I have had a number of problems with it - usually immediately after an update - so will use Chrome for a while which I have to say is considerably quicker :( Maybe will come back to Firefox later......
You may need to clear all the cookies if you can't identify the cookie that is causing the problem.
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Thanks! Tried that - and STILL it won't connect properly. So have thrown in the towel and am using Chrome until my temper improves enough to try again! :)