I have 14.0.1 but websites are telling me I need the newest FF in order to work!
I have Firefox 14.0.1 Facebook 'words with friends' game says Sorry ~ it appears you are using a browser that is not currently supported. Please use one of the following Firefox 3.6+
Also, the Pizza Pizza website says that I need to upgrade my browser also. I did! But I still can't access their new site because apparently I don't have the newest Firefox. But I do!!!
What more can I do!??!?
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_31 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Allows browsing on RealArcade sites with Mozilla browsers.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20091016 Firefox/3.5.4
You can check the installed version via Help (Alt + H) > About Firefox. Your Firefox version is being detected on websites as 3.5.4 (please see the section on the top right). You can try to filter for the word useragent in about:config, right-click on every instance and Reset.
- In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter. The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear.
- Click I'll be careful, I promise!, to continue to the about:config page.
This article in the Knowledge Base has more background on the issue: Websites say that Firefox is outdated or incompatible even though it's the latest version.