When select for PDF reader to use automatically to open PDF files I still get the window every time I want to download a PDF file. How to prevent stopping this.
Even when I highlighted in a seperate window that I want PDF open automatically with the PDF reader I always get this confirmation window to choose from. Is there a way to stop getting this confirmation window ? To perform a test I had with IE browser that by default selected PDF reader it does not ask me each time which option to choose from.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.525
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0
Could you indicate what you have selected here:
orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Options > Applications
In the search box, type pdf and wait for the list to be filtered. On the right side, what do you have selected in the drop-downs? Do any of them behave the way you want?
If the problem only occurs on certain sites, it's possible that the site sending a generic content-type header rather than a pdf-specific content-type header. Firefox doesn't look at the file extension to decide which program to use in that case, it simply lets you choose.