I've done"about:config" and set "dom.max_script_run_time" to 20 and more and nothing seems to work. What the heck is going on? It happens every time I go onto Y
Warning Unresponsive script
I've done"about:config" and set "dom.max_script_run_time" to 20 and more and nothing seems to work. What the heck is going on? It happens every time I go onto YouTube. I also have everything up to date.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- PopCap Games Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
I can't remember: does the error dialog show you any more information about the script? I'm curious whether the problem script is on YouTube itself or one of the advertising site, or is part of an add-on.
When you have a problem with one particular site, a good "first thing to try" is clearing your Firefox cache and deleting your saved cookies for the site.
1. Clear Firefox's Cache
orange Firefox button or Tools menu > Options > Advanced
On the Network mini-tab > Offline Storage : "Clear Now"
2. If needed, delete the site's cookies here (this will log you out)
While viewing a page on the site, right-click and choose View Page Info > Security > "View Cookies"
Then try reloading the page. Does that help?
If it happens with videos on YouTube then try to opt-out of HTML5 video on YouTube.
Bug 775491 - HTML5 unresponsive script errors on YouTube
If you have firebug installed, try disabling all the tabs. I had this problem and doing that fixed it for me.