I am unable to open up scotiabank website. Any other secure website is fine
I have cleared cookies, I have tried to add it to the allow field nothing seems to work. I have even called the bank and they dont understand why it wont open.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.6
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Citrix ICA Client Plugin (Win32)
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
Do you get any error messages or does the page show empty?
Is this a secure (https) connection?
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
Thank you Cor-el and Dumdidadida, I tried both of your suggestions but I still get a "problem loading page"
You can try to check if you are able to access the site via a web proxy. e.g. http://uswebproxy.com/
Please also create a screenshot of the problem loading page you're seeing by following the guide mentioned at How do I create a screenshot of my problem?.
Once you've done this, attach the saved screenshot file to your forum post by clicking the Browse... button below the Post your reply box. You really help us to visualize the problem.
I am thinking it may be some sort of security issue with the network I am using at work to try and log on. Just find it odd since its a bank website and i can get on to any other bank site.
It blocks me from using a poxy site. so i think i may have t ocheck with IT