How do I get the file folder pop-up to stop appearing when I open Firefox on my Mac?
When I click on the Firefox icon in my dock, a small box pops up first. It has a file folder with an arrow and the Firefox icon in it. It does not go away until I close it. How to get rid?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I installed Firefox
- Version 126.96.36.19967
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.16
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6.3
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
The pop-up direct you to drag the Firefox icon into the applications folder ? or something else ? When you install firefox, you have a very old version (7.0.1) ?
Make sure that Firefox gets installed properly.
Open the Firefox disk image (DMG) file and drag the Firefox program to the application folder on your hard drive.
You shouldn't double-click the Firefox application to run it from the disk image, but drag it out of the DMG folder instead.