unable to adtivate "empy re-cycle bin"
simple (I would think) when i click on "recycle bin" the option to empty it is not highlighted (therefore can't empty it)
No, it's not necessary.Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
A few times a week
This started when...
last week - usually empty it once a week
- Google Gadget Plugin 5.7.712.19360
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.1"
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
What has that got to do with Firefox? I have never seen a recycle bin in Firefox.
Firstly, t hank you for your reply. I use Firefox as my browser.
I'm obviously a novice, and not using the right references. My desk top has a "recycle" icon, and when I normally click on it, after empty my "trash" bin, it gives me several options. One of these has been: " Empty Recycle Bin." I see the option, but it is not in "bold" as the rest of the options are. Therefore, I can't access it.
That usually means that the recycle bin is already empty or you do not have permission and there is nothing to delete.
Do you see any files in the recycle bin if you open it?
If there are then the files may be in a location where you currently have no write permissions.
will check further based on your suggestions.
thanks again for your help.
same problem: when I "open recycle bin," there are all kinds of files (?) now what?
how important is it to "empty the recycle bin?" based on my usage, i am told i have enough memory, capacity, etc. to go to the moon
thanks for reply. don't know what "write permissions" are. Still would like to know, how necessary is it to empty one's recycle bin?
No, it's not necessary.
Very helpful, thank you!