Why isn't flash player plugin working on Mozilla browser?
I have tried to download it and it doesn't work, when I do it says the download timed out at about 40%... I can't even watch videos or anything. YouTube doesn't work at all. What's going on?
Additional System Details
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Pando Web Plugin
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.525
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- Google Update
- Picasa plugin
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0.1
YouTube gives the option of using HTML5 try that as a workaround.
Note Flash 11.3 on Firefox Windows has been causing problems for a couple of weeks,some users have needed to downgrade to Flash 11.2 or the secure FlashPlayer 10.3 Developers from Firefox & Flash are apparently supposed to be working on the issue.
Useful links, for those wishing to know more about the current problems with FlashPlayer, especially when using FlashPlayer 11.3 and possibly other downloading or recording software
- Adobe Flash plugin has crashed - Prevent it from happening again
- Fix problems with RealPlayer add-ons
- Flash 11.3 doesn't load video in Firefox
- These are very good, accurate and the latest information. But written for users with some prior knowledge
- Other links
- and a general one Flash Plugin - Keep it up to date and troubleshoot problems
BUT note leaving Flash Player up-dates turned on, or following plugincheck advise may recreate the problem if you do have Flash 11.3 issues
Modified by John99