Firefox crashes and won't restart
Whenever i use firefox it will run for a few minutes then it will crash and send me to the crasdh reporter. but when I go to restart it it will just send me back to the crash reporter. If it's any help it runs fine in safe mode
Additional System Details
- Pando Web Plugin
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_31 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- Office Live Update v1.5
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0.1
If it doesn't crash in safe mode, it's probably due to an add-on. You can troubleshoot this to narrow down the source with the instructions in this article - Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems or you can try the Firefox reset - Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings
Sorry you are having problems. The fact Firefox works in Safe Mode is usefull to know. That points to it working because of one of the changes safe mode makes: that includes disabling add-ons and turning off hardware acceleration.
- see Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode
- and Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes
- Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems
- especially Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems_turn-off-hardware-acceleration
Try with hardware accelleration off and add the extensions back one by one (or half/quarter at a time if you have a few) untill you find which one is the problem.
Note you may wish to update your plugins, but take care Flash and Realplayer could be problematic.