How do I stop FunMoods from opening every time I open a new tab.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0.1
How to get rid of Funmoods that you installed?
See my answer to a similar question here --> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/930985#answer-348199
You may also need to reset the New Tab Page default using about:config if Funmoods continues to show as your New Tab Page after performing the instructions in the post shown above:
- See --> http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config
- Preference to reset --> browser.newtab.url
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.
The link that I posted above to a prior question contains additional information that might me helpful to you including the link posted by cor-el immediately below,
Modified by SafeBrowser
The answer was UNISTALL FUNMOODS as you might think. I know better than install that crap. That doesn't absolve them.
Can anyone offer help to a Mac user? I have removed the add-on and toolbar and reset my home page but a new tab still opens in funmoods. Can someone give me Mac specific instructions????
Well, well ! I just saw a "remove" link on the new tab that opened with funmoods instead of my default. A second new tab opened with an entirely blank page - not my home page, as I would prefer, but at least not funmoods! Will see if it holds.
The advice for removing funmoods did not help me for the following reasons:
(1) using about:config, finding keyword.url, right-clicking finds that reset is grayed out. (2) finding browser.newtab.url, reset is also grayed out.
I'm using Firefox 13.0.1 on a PC with Windows 7 64-bits.
I have also used Malwarebytes -- it found 9 (?) entries for funmoods and deleted them.
I have used Wise Registry Cleaner to clean the registry as well. Still, funmoods opens in each new tab.
Try to reset the funmoods prefs on the about:config page.
- Open the about:config page via the location bar and do a search for funmoods via the Search bar at the top of the about:config page.
- Reset all funmoods related prefs that appear bold (user set) via the right-click context menu to their default values.
If you do not keep changes after a restart then see:
I was able to remove Funmoods using "remove" on the Funmoods search page. It worked and no more Funmoods
Yes it has held to this day
This is the answer that worked for me. However, the steps weren't exactly the same. To the: In Firefox- Go to Tools and then addons [change here to say "select Extensions on the left side"; you should see Funmoods near or at the top], click Options [I just clicked on Remove and restarted Firefox - worked perfectly], then select Advanced and uncheck the first option "Use funmoods as enhanced search for new tab". Thanks.
Modified by CAtransplant