I cannot open my gmail account. Why is this? I have already used the allow cookies thing. I have tried things already suggested. It worked yesterday Help?
When I try to open my gmail account it says it cannot open. It say: "The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies."
I have tried the suggested things, such as going to the "tools" and opening "privacy" and clicking on "use custom settings,etc. but it did not help. It worked yesterday, so I don't know why it is suddenly not working. I don't have this problem with chrome so I assume it is a firefox issue. Can anyone help? Thank you
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_31 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.114
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
Perform the suggestions mentioned in the following articles:
- Clear Cookies & Cache
- Clear the Network Cache
- Use the "Remember History" setting as described in this article -> Settings for privacy, browsing history and do-not-track
See this article -> Options windows - Advanced panel
- Remove Checkmark from "Warn me when websites try to redirect or reload the page" listed in General panel -> Accessibility settings
- Restart Firefox
Check and tell if its working.
If clearing the cookies doesn't help then it is possible that the file cookies.sqlite that stores the cookies is corrupted.
Rename (or delete) cookies.sqlite (cookies.sqlite.old) and delete other present cookie files like cookies.sqlite-journal in the Firefox Profile Folder in case the file cookies.sqlite got corrupted.
Thank you It worked. I can now open my gmail account.
You are welcome! & Glad to see its working now ..
To help other users find solutions, please return to this Thread and click on "Solved It" button Next to the reply ABOVE that BEST solved your Question
Note:- DO NOT click "Solved It" next to this reply