This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
.. when I reopen a saved webpage from my comp it is not current, I have to go find it again online in its current version
.. when I reopen a saved webpage from my comp it is not current, I have to go find it again online in its current version...how do i fix this to ensure that the "current' version of the webpage is "saved"
All Replies (3)
please be more specific i have no idea whats the problem
You can reload web page(s) and bypass the cache.
- Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button.
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Cmd + Shift + R" (MAC)
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Are you going to a website, right clicking, and selecting "save Page As...", and then when you re-open that saved page on your computer it isn't current?
That is normal behavior. Basically Firefox just saved a snapshot of the page to your PC. It is static now, and can't update unless you save it again. If you want a current website, the best thing isn't to save it, but to just go to the website.