Firefox not updating automatically
Although Firefox Helo informed me that my version was up to date and my options are set for auto updating, I found last week as a result of a specific website no longer that I had not been updated since 9.02 although the latest version is 12 which I have now manually installed.
How do I ensure I am automatically updated in future?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Since version 9.02
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_31 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- IE Tab plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
Click the Firefox button, then go to Options.Then advanced, then update. Make sure Firefox is set to update automatically.
Sometimes the updater gets corrupted, which could be what happened in your case. Reinstalling Firefox should fix that (and you already reinstalled) so you should be good.
Thanks for the advice
I did this before I posted this morning and it was OK but as you say the setting may well have become corrupted while I was still running 9.02.
I posted the my query because I don't want it to happen again but there doesn't seem to be any reason why it should
Thanks again for the prompt reply