firefox running slow
have upgraded to the current version several times only to end up going back to older version. I am running a 2.3 pentium 4 processor with 3gb ram. The older version ran slow but when I upgraded to your current version the slow down was extremely more noticeable. I also run IE8, Chrome, & Opera. There has been no issue with any of them except Opera is not always compatible with some websites
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
with firefox 3
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.0"
- Pando Web Plugin
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- QUAKE LIVE
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Reader Library Helper Plugin
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Picasa plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0
I am sending this from an alternate computer
If anything I would expect the newer Firefox 12 to be faster. It is not recmended to use older versions of Firefox, they are not considered secure, and increase the risk to your personal data, and to your computer system.
- see Install an older version of Firefox
- and also Firefox uses too much memory (RAM) - How to fix, Firefox uses too many CPU resources - How to fix
Firefox is slow, stops working or takes too long to start
Anyone else with problems, please read the above articles, and if you still have a problem please start your own thread, (follow links and prompts from /questions/new ).