Firwfox new version 12 does not download on Mac..does not open..etcetcetc
Tried numerous times..they aslo have no damn tech support. Followied prompts to download....does not open etcetc...
UPDATE::**Corel- got it to work!.........I opened the dmg File from preview..and it worked...did all the things you mentioned Thanks much.Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Octoshape Streaming Services web integration browser plug-in
- Plugin for viewing Sibelius(tm) music scores http://www.sibelius.com
- RealPlayer Plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 184.108.40.206
- Version 0.9.16, copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inc.http://www.veetle.com
- Version 0.9.16, copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com
- Version 0.9.16, copyright 1996-2006 The VideoLAN Team, 2006-2009 Veetle, Inc.http://www.veetle.com
- Loki Plugin v.220.127.116.11
- Musicnotes Viewer plugin 1.18.9 http://www.musicnotes.com
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Reader Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.0.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20120306 Firefox/3.6.28
If there are problems with updating or with the permissions then easiest is to download the full version and trash the currently installed version to do a clean install of the new version.
Download a new copy of the Firefox program and save the disk image (dmg) file to the desktop
- Firefox 12.0.x: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean (re-)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data if you uninstall and (re)install Firefox.
Corel- Thanks for info...But when I download it(version 12),it goes straight to Downloads..then when I click on the dmg file....it says....'does not recognise this file'..and it wont open....I even put the dmg file,from Downloads, onto my Desktop,then clicked on it-and said the same thing..does not recoginze file etcetc...so Im stuck.. Any tips..? Thanks
UPDATE::**Corel- got it to work!.........I opened the dmg File from preview..and it worked...did all the things you mentioned Thanks much.
I can't even get the DMG to download! I end up with a "finished" file that is @ 350K.
I tried wired and wireless connections, Firefox and Safari!
I am currently trying to download it on a PC and it is doing better, but why the extra step?
using Lion, BTW.
Modified by stevenhowe
Try emeailing this dude....firstname.lastname@example.org The only email address for so-called 'tech' support... Make sure you delete your old Firefox..after downloading..before installing..