Why won't the newest version of Adobe Flash Player install on my Firefox?
I am trying to install the newest version of Adobe Flashplayer onto my Firefox (the Adobe version is 220.127.116.11) but it will not let me. It allows me to download the installer, and then it installs until about 45% and then says "Please close the following programs to continue" and it says Firefox is the only one open. I have closed Firefox and made absolutely sure it's not running, but it still says that it is running and refuses to install. Is there something I am doing wrong? The Firefox version is 11.0 and I use Windows 7.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.1"
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_31 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Unity Player 3.5.0f6
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1684
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Pando Web Plugin
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- MSN® Toolbar
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0
Follow these steps to install the correct version of Flash Player:
Verify that your computer meets the system requirements for Flash Player
Determine whether an older Flash Player version is already installed your computer
Download and install the latest Flash Player version
Verify that installation is complete
Uninstall the older Flash Player version (if the installation is not successful for any reason)
Try more solutions (if necessary)
You might want to upgrade your Firefox version and see if you keep getting this error message. Let me know how it goes.
You can find the latest Flash player for Firefox on this page.
For Firefox on 64 bit Windows, you need the 32 bit Flash version version because Firefox is a 32 bit application.