Does Firefox 12.0 work with Norton Identity Safe?
I recently updated to Firefox 12.0 and wanted to take advantage of Norton offering for free their Identity Safe app. I am running Mac OSX 10.7.3 and when it took me to the mac app store, it uploaded the extension in my Firefox ribbon on the top, but when I click on it, it opens in Safari. Is it not compatible yet with Firefox?
Additional System Details
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.3
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
The norton site says that it is compatible with firefox https://identitysafe.norton.com/, however, I can't find what version it works with. I would try to contact norton to find out the exact version numbers it works with.
Identity safe DOES work with Firefox 12 - as I just found accidentally, I'm pretty sure that all you need to do is change from the NAvigation Bar setting to the Menu Bar setting under "View>ToolBArs>Nav etc Every time a new firefox rev had been released and Identity Safe wasn't coming up, all I needed to do was restart my computer. This time, that wasn't necessary. THank you Mozilla!
It is Norton that makes it compatible with a Firefox version, not the other way.
After you run "Live Updates" from the PC Security Section contained in the Norton Security Suite, do the following:
1. Click on "Tools" --- 2. Click on "Add-ons" --- 3. Click on "Extensions" --- 4. Click on "Enable" to the right of the "Norton Tool Bar 2011.7.7.5" --- 5. Click on "Enable" to the right of the "Symantec Intrusion Prevention 10.1.1.8-4" ---- Then restart your system if needed.