I am not tech savvy and cannot remove searchnu.com/102. Please help
I am not tech savvy and cannot remove searchnu.com/102 from my desktop and all that I am reading only confuses me. Please help!
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I boot up my computer
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Google Update
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0
See these threads and pages about searchqu that also apply to searchnu:
I'm a member of the Searchnu Support Team. I'm here to help :)
From URL you provided it looks like Searchnu was installed on your PC when you installed jZip- a download manager which includes Searchnu as an option.
When the software was installed onto your pc it offered two basic installs, typical installation, which lists the add-on features such as searchnu default search, and Custom installation, which allows you to select the add-ons that you wish to install. There's no need to worry if you did the typical install - this isn't a virus, nor malware, and there's no need to Perform a virus scan against it.
Please visit jZip's support section where you will find detailed instructions for uninstalling Searchnu at:http://jzip.kayako.com/Troubleshooter/Step/View/1
If you followed the instructions and still can't find a solution to the issue, please don't hesitate to let us know and we will walk you through it :)
Thank you, The Searchnu support team
Modified by SearchnuSupport
Hey There, I have had this problem with searchnu/102 and did everything but still could not remove!! I have since discovered the following and have been able to remove so my home page goes where I tell it to... ha ha.
When you take some action to remove searchnu/102 there is a box that briefly appears saying searchnu/102 has blocked... etc.. It is located around the the bottom right hand side of screen. On that box is a settings line on the bottom of the box. Very quickly click on settings and just keep removing the protection.... Good luck and enjoy.