Why is Firefox much slower than other browsers.
Using Speedtest.net I've noticed that Firefox is running at around 6meg, whereas other browsers run at the correct 20meg. Any ideas what could be wrong, as this never used to be the case.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0
You can try to uninstall some Add-ons, clearing your history and cache and browsing with less tabs.
I've been doing a bit of testing. If I restart in safe mode, it works as it should, full speed. But I've tried disabling all the add-ons manually, and it's back to a third of the speed. Weird!!