How can I restore certificates?
When I was updating Mozilla Firefox i lost all my personal certificates. Is there a way to restore them or get them back?
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Google Update
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0
Have you looked at the Troubleshoot the "Secure Connection Failed" error message Knowledge Base article? Your certificates might not actually be lost. Something as simple as an incorrect system time can make it appear as if they've all been removed. I'd try the steps in that article first.
Hopefully this helps!
Do you still see the certificates in the Certificate Manager?
- Tools > Options > Advanced : Encryption: Certificates - View Certificates > Your Certificates
If not then you would need a backup copy of the cert8.db file in the Firefox Profile Folder.