Stops loading setup 11.o exe (http://mirror.metrocast.net) at 99%
I have been offline for a long time, so nearly every time I load Firefox I get an invite to update. The last was Firefox setup 11.0 exe (http://mirror metrocast.net). I've tried several times to load and at 99% it freezes up. Then I repeat this cycle over and over. I'd like to either skip this update and move on or find a shortcut to load all available updates at one time with no more problems.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Java Plug-in 1.4.2_03 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20110920 Firefox/3.6.23
You should take a look at the Knowledge Base article Update Firefox to the latest version. There is a lot of good information in there and some troubleshooting steps as well.
If that doesn't work, you might want to try installing a fresh copy of Firefox:
I would suggest that you first back up your personal information and bookmarks, just in case. You can find details in the article Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles.
Hopefully this helps!
It is possible that your anti-virus software is corrupting the downloaded files or otherwise interfering with downloading files by Firefox.
Try to disable the real-time (live) scanning of files in your anti-virus software temporarily to see if that makes downloading work.
See "Disable virus scanning in Firefox preferences - Windows"