My Mac OSX, why now I can't save "export bookmarks to HTML" to my HDD ?
When I try to save it, the file disappeared in 2-3 seconds. This happened since 2 weeks ago. Last time was OK.
Modified by Mamentu
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0
Do you have otherwise problems with the bookmarks or history?
You can also try to repair the places database with this extension:
Are there any tricks to running places maintenance on a Mac? I have the add-on installed, but I don't have an add-on "options" button available to access the tool.
I've been directed to a number of wikis that are all Windows-centric. Any solution for Mac users?
I upgraded to v12 hoping it would solve the problem but it did not. I have no access to my bookmarks, nor can I create any new ones, nor does the history work. I also have problems with the back button being disabled.
Instead of Tools > Options use:
- Mac: Firefox > Preferences
- Linux: Edit > Preferences
- Windows: Firefox > Options
On the Places Maintenance download page, I think they are referring to an Options button that should appear next to the Disable and Remove buttons where you find Places Maintenance listed:
Tools > Add-ons > Extensions
Try to remove the places file in the Firefox Profile Folder
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Open Containing Folder