Up until earlier this week I was using Firefox UX 13.0a2 and when I got the daily update, it gave me 14.0a1 Nightly.
Is UX no longer available and if it is, I can't find it on the Mozilla FTP site.
Is there any difference between UX and Nightly?
Thank you and regards,
Additional System Details
Not sure how often
This started when...
When I got a UX update this week.
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Nitro PDF Plug-in for Firefox and Chrome
- Version 188.8.131.5265
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.15
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2064
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.2.0 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20120315 Firefox/14.0a1
There was a bug concerning the update system when Nightly went from version 13 to 14, this bug may also have impacted the UX builds.
Firefox UX is not always updated every day. It is a test version for new user interface designs and features. Not all of the things that are tested will go through to the Nightly builds.
If you want to test new design features that may or may not make it into Firefox you can use the UX builds, to test the development branch for Firefox use the Nightly builds.
The latest version of the UX build is available from http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-ux/
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
Am I to understand that Firefox UX stops at Ver. 13.0a1 and the update brings it to 14.0a1 Nightly?
If that's the case, I'm O.K. with that.
UX 13.0a1 was labeled "Nightly" in the About UX window, as is 14.0a1 - the titlebar of the About window does say UX in both 13.0a1 and 14.0a1.