error "actionlist not found" when installing adobe flash player update
in trying to update adobe flash player i get error "action list not found"I have win XP 32 bit. Have removed old version from my computer before downloading newer version, still will not load.
Additional System Details
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.114
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_30 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2
You should by now be using Firefox 11. (You may well have updated since you posted this question).
Possibly you have tried to download and install the FlashPlayer version intended for Internet Explorer, instead of the plugin for Firefox. (See related thread /questions/859758#answer-228076 When trying to update Adobe Flash Player, message says no ActionList found. )
Others may also note there is or was problem with some Flash Upgrades not being detected , but should start a new thread of your own if you have problems. See article Yahoo! and at&t mail say your browser is blocking Flash