Pop ups after updating
Ever since I updated to the new Firefox a few days ago, I get pop-ups from almost every site or whenever I use a search eng to see results from search. How do I fix this? I have pop up blocker on and I have done scans for malware and spyware and nothing comes up.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I updated to the new firefox
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_31 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- DivX Plus Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Winamp Application Detector
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Unity Player 3.3.0f4
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1685
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- DLM Netscape Plugin (126.96.36.199)
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx - Microsoft Safety Scanner
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
I have done with Spybot a few times and nothing.
Spybot does not catch everything. Superantispyware is much more thorough.
Have tried .....Mouse:-Right Click on the Internet page I go to.....Then View page info..... Look up the top and you will see settings for that site....select permission... and check what that page has access to... I have manually blocked the adds and other information that each page is storing... will see if this stops them all!! Try it!!!
I have stopped in on Facebook and my Service Provider and others so far!!
I think using Adblock Plus is easier. There is now an Adblock Plus Pop-up addon specifically for blocking the most persistent popups.