Can't change font or size. Does not stick.
Had to reinstall and now can't make fonts larger in the browser. I had thrown away my preferences but think I got them back Also, bonus question, Facebook chat is not active in PurePlay poker any longer. I can see them, I log in to FB directly and through the PP window and I can't participate.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I had trashed preferences
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.14
- Version 188.8.131.5251
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- InstantAction.com Mac Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2
Show in Finder
NVIDIA Corporation -- NVIDIA GeForce 320M OpenGL Engine -- 2.1 NVIDIA-7.18.11
GPU Accelerated Windows
Normally Firefox's zoom feature works on a site-by-site basis. When you say it does not stick, does it not stick for the same site in the same session, or between sessions? How do I use Zoom? | How to | Firefox Help
If the problem is having to zoom each site, you can "zoom" all sites using this add-on: NoSquint. After setting your Global zoom level, you can still fine-tune the zoom on individual sites.
After installing NoSquint, click the % on the Add-on Bar to call up site preferences, then click the Global Settings button, then the Zooming tab.
If you don't have the Add-on Bar displayed, you can right-click the new tab button ("+") or a blank area of the tab bar to the right of it and choose Add-on Bar from the shortcut menu.
You can experiment with sizes larger than 125%, but I wouldn't go much higher than 150% unless you have a large high-resolution monitor.
If there are particular sites that still present a problem, feel free to post their URLs.
This is a shot of my preferences. Seems to have no effect on the font shown while browsing. Thank you for trying and if you have any other ideas pass em on.
If you click the Advanced button, there is a checkbox to honor or override the site's fonts. If you clear that box, then your fonts will be used. The disadvantage is that the results might not be very attractive. Is that what you were looking for?