Bookmarks do not "take" when I try to bookmark a page. I've gone through the articles supplied (going to Safe Mode, etc.), but the problem does not get resolved. Help!
Bookmarks do not "take" when I try to bookmark a page. I've gone through the articles supplied (going to Safe Mode, Reset Tool bars and controls, , Make Changes & Restart, etc.), but the problem does not get resolved. Help!
Your educated guess should, I think, reflect that I just upgraded to Firefox 10. something.
Additional System Details
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- Unity Player 3.5.0f6
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20111212 YFF35 Firefox/3.6.25 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
What I see when I get into "Help > Troubleshooting Information" is pure gibberish to me. I'm a Firefox user, not a $@# techie, and I wish the techies who create these things would learn how to communicate to people like me.
A possible cause is a problem with the file places.sqlite that stores the bookmarks and the history.
You can also try to repair the places database with this extension: