Why can't i make attachments with yahoo mail in the newest Firefox?
i use yahoo mail. in the old versions of firefox it works perfectly. i use now firefox 3.6.25 if i upgrade to the latest firefox, yahoo mail doesn't work anymore. i can't attach anything. the button 'attach' stays grey and unclickable. it is the reason i don't upgrade. can someone help me? o i work on a macbook pro, with mac os 10.6.8 running.
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- DivX Content Upload Plug-In: Uploads DivX video in your browser!
- DivX Browser Plug-In: Plays DivX video in your browser!
- Contribute Plug-inInbrowser Editor Plug-in
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20111212 Firefox/3.6.25
can't find any.
Maybe one of these pages will help?
- How to Send an Attachment with Yahoo Mail (About,com Email Help page)
- How to add an attachment to an email (Yahoo Help page)
- Tips & How-To's - Attach Files (Yahoo Help page)
If you need more help and if no one else here has a solution, you could try Yahoo help at http://help.yahoo.com/
Thank you for your quick reply! Unfortunately, those links don't have the answer i am looking for. i know how to do it, but in the newest firefox the attachment button is dead... you can not click it. It works in other firefox versions, and in chrome etc. but not the new firefox :-(
Sorry, I don't have any other suggestions, except that I did find a thread on the Apple Discussions forum about a similar problem with Safari and Yahoo mail attachments:
Re: Safari doesn't work with yahoo mail: always getting beach ball
Feb 7, 2012 10:15 AM (in response to Anamariela)
Well, my problem with Yahoo Classic is different--I cannot click on some of the buttons! Very weird. No beach ball, but when I attach files to send an email and click on "Attach Files", nothing. Same with a couple others.
Going to try to install the new Flash as Mark suggested. Anyone else have this issue?
I probably should change to Yahoo's newer mail app but I just prefer the Classic version.
You might want to read the other replies in that Apple discussion and try the suggestions ... or just contact Yahoo help, if no one else replies here.
Modified by AliceWyman