Firefox keeps opening things in new windows
Every time I click to open something in a new tab, it opens in a new window instead. I checked to see if I'd accidentally changed my options to make things open in new windows instead of tabs, but I hadn't. Also, every time I start Firefox, three windows pop up instead of just one. They seem like little things, but it's really irritating.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2069
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2
You might want to take a look at Firefox repeatedly opens empty tabs or windows after you click on a link. It seems to be spot on for the issue you are describing.
You might also want to try starting Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode. If you don't have the issue while all of your add-ons, extensions, and themes are disabled, you can try adding them back in one by one until you find the culprit. You should look at the Extensions and Themes troubleshooting guide and the Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems article as well.
Hopefully this helps!