Mozilla Firefox Hotfix can not be downloaded. Why is this so?
At all times I tried to download, I get an error-message "Error downloading".
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6.4
- Speed Download Plugin. Allows downloads to be redirected to Speed Download
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0
You should take a look at the Knowledge Base article Update Firefox to the latest release. There is a lot of good information in there and some troubleshooting steps as well.
If that doesn't work, you might want to try installing a fresh copy of Firefox:
I would suggest that you first back up your personal information and bookmarks, just in case. You can find details in the article Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles.
Hopefully this helps!
Firefox 11 is a beta version.
Which Firefox Hotfix are you referring to?
There was a security update for Firefox 11 Beta that I installed on my Windows computer on Feb 17th. If you use the Firefox Update method you can see if the update was already installed by checking in your Firefox Advanced preferences Update tab and clicking the Show Update History button. The last security update was Firefox 11 Beta 3, as shown in the attached image.
P.S. The update server could just be busy. You can always download Firefox Beta and install it over your current version. You can get the latest Firefox Beta (currently 11.0 beta 3) from this link:
Modified by AliceWyman