Please assist on how I can make google.com my default page when opening new tabs.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Hi, I'm sorry you're having this problem.
If it is a search engine in the search bar, see the Use the Search bar in Firefox article for details of how to remove a search engine.
If you have the Babylon Toolbar, follow the procedure in the Disable or remove Add-ons article, in particular the section on uninstalling extensions and themes
After you get rid of Babylon, you should be able to set google as your home page again.
I did not know a lot of people has this same problem with Babylon. What is up with them? Yicks!
Thank you Michelle.
In the top bar type about:config Then enter in filter keyword.URL Right click on modify and click modify Delete http://isearch.babylon.com/?babsrc=NT_FFUP and put in http://www.google.co.in/search?btnG=Google+Search&q= to change it to google.
1. Open a new Firefox window and type about:config
2. Now, in Search bar type Babylon and now in all the listed options right click and click Reset.
3. Restart Mozilla and all Babylon gone!
I did all the things that were suggested here (and other posts), but to no avail.
Here's the list of all past suggestions I tried: (1) uninstalling babylon ... didn't work! (2) disabling/deleting add ons ... didn't show up on list!! (3) deleted it as a choice on search engine text box ... didn't eliminate the problem!!! (4) did the about:config trick ... didn't work!!!! (5) tried modify the "host" file ... didn't work!!!!!
... very, very frustrating indeed !!!!
But then tried this ... took about 5-7 minutes.
(1) Backed up bookmarks on Firefox (Bookmarks -> Show All Bookmarks -> Import & Backup -> Backup; save as file to desktop) (2) Made sure I had an EARLIER version of Firefox in my download file (I was using v.12, so I made sure I had v.11) (3) Uninstalled current Firefox version. (4) Reinstall past version (for me v.11) of Firefox. (5) Restore all old bookmarks to this new install of Firefox ( (Bookmarks -> Show All Bookmarks -> Import & Backup -> Restore -> Choose File; enter file from desktop).
... and ... VOILA! It works!!!
Hope this helps...
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.