Please assist on how I can make google.com my default page when opening new tabs.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Hi, I'm sorry you're having this problem.
If it is a search engine in the search bar, see the Use the Search bar in Firefox and manage search engines article for details of how to remove a search engine.
If you have the Babylon Toolbar, follow the procedure in the Disable or remove Add-ons article, in particular the section on uninstalling extensions and themes
After you get rid of Babylon, you should be able to set google as your home page again.
I did not know a lot of people has this same problem with Babylon. What is up with them? Yicks!
Thank you Michelle.
In the top bar type about:config Then enter in filter keyword.URL Right click on modify and click modify Delete http://isearch.babylon.com/?babsrc=NT_FFUP and put in http://www.google.co.in/search?btnG=Google+Search&q= to change it to google.
1. Open a new Firefox window and type about:config
2. Now, in Search bar type Babylon and now in all the listed options right click and click Reset.
3. Restart Mozilla and all Babylon gone!
I did all the things that were suggested here (and other posts), but to no avail.
Here's the list of all past suggestions I tried: (1) uninstalling babylon ... didn't work! (2) disabling/deleting add ons ... didn't show up on list!! (3) deleted it as a choice on search engine text box ... didn't eliminate the problem!!! (4) did the about:config trick ... didn't work!!!! (5) tried modify the "host" file ... didn't work!!!!!
... very, very frustrating indeed !!!!
But then tried this ... took about 5-7 minutes.
(1) Backed up bookmarks on Firefox (Bookmarks -> Show All Bookmarks -> Import & Backup -> Backup; save as file to desktop) (2) Made sure I had an EARLIER version of Firefox in my download file (I was using v.12, so I made sure I had v.11) (3) Uninstalled current Firefox version. (4) Reinstall past version (for me v.11) of Firefox. (5) Restore all old bookmarks to this new install of Firefox ( (Bookmarks -> Show All Bookmarks -> Import & Backup -> Restore -> Choose File; enter file from desktop).
... and ... VOILA! It works!!!
Hope this helps...