When I type a website into the address bar and press enter, nothing happens.
I updated Firefox, and immediately afterward, my address bar seemed to become unresponsive. If I want to navigate to any website, I have to go to my homepage and Google it. I tried restarting, and nothing changed. (I am not very computer literate, so that is about the extent of my troubleshooting abilities.)
Additional System Details
This started when...
I updated Firefox.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.0"
- DivX Plus Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- BitCometAgent v1.27 for Firefox
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Pando Web Installer
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:10.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.1
That issue can be caused by the AVG Safe Search extension.
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.