Which version is correct with Mac OS 10.5.8?
Still trying to locate correct Firefox version to run with Mac power PC running OS 10.5.8.
Additional System Details
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1.1
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/2010031218 Firefox/3.0.19
Firefox 3.6.x is the last available from Mozilla for PPC Macs.
For older Macs that aren't supported in the Firefox 4+ versions, try TenFourFox for PowerPC's running Mac 10.4.11 & 10.5.8 .
Firefox 4 and above requires Mac OS X 10.5 or greater and will only run on an Intel Mac. Mac OS X 10.4 users, and 10.5 users with a PPC Mac, can run the latest 3.6 series available here.
You could also try TenFourMac, which is a fork of Firefox and is based on Mozilla 2.0 and Firefox 4 code.
Hopefully this helps!