On CNN.com i get this error when trying to view video or when clicking on one of their tabs:
400 Bad Request Request Header Or Cookie Too Large nginx
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
That issue can be caused by corrupted cookies.
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Worked perfectly! Thanks, cor-el
Thank you very much cor-el. You just save me lots of time looking for the problem myself or deleting FF completely...
Under Tools, Firefox has no entry called "Options"...so this solution doesn't work...
Instead of Tools > Options use:
- Mac: Firefox > Preferences
- Linux: Edit > Preferences
- Windows: Firefox > Options
Press F10 if the menu bar is hidden on Windows and Linux or use "Firefox > Options/Preferences"