On CNN.com i get this error when trying to view video or when clicking on one of their tabs:
400 Bad Request Request Header Or Cookie Too Large nginx
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
That issue can be caused by corrupted cookies.
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Worked perfectly! Thanks, cor-el
Thank you very much cor-el. You just save me lots of time looking for the problem myself or deleting FF completely...
Under Tools, Firefox has no entry called "Options"...so this solution doesn't work...
Instead of Tools > Options use:
- Mac: Firefox > Preferences
- Linux: Edit > Preferences
- Windows: Firefox > Options
Press F10 if the menu bar is hidden on Windows and Linux or use "Firefox > Options/Preferences"
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.