This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Cant get to safe mode? It not listed in my start, all Programs , mozilla firefox, ( only shows ) verssion 9.0.1. Safe mode doesnt show at all,
Cant get to safe mode it has no listing in my program list. only has on under programs. Moxilla firefox, click on it and firefox starts up. No option for starting in safe mode version 9.0.1. also some of of my sites ( like my work site) after login in I cant do anything else page won't change after first page after login. I uninstalled my anti virus to see if that was the cause of not loading pages after login, I still had same results leave me no choice have to either go back to version 3.5.3 are ditch firefox please help
All Replies (1)
The "Firefox (Safe Mode)" option is still in the list of Programs/All Programs in Firefox 3.6.x but is not in later versions. There are several ways to enter Firefox Safe Mode in current versions, but most users find using one of the 2 following ways to be the easiest:
- hold down the SHIFT key while clicking the Firefox desktop icon
- from the Firefox menu, click Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
See the following articles:
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.
Not related to your question, but...
You may need to update some plug-ins. Check your plug-ins and update as necessary:
- Plug-in check --> http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in: Installing (or Updating) the Shockwave plugin with Firefox
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape: Installing/Updating Adobe Reader in Firefox
- Shockwave Flash (Adobe Flash or Flash): Updating Flash in Firefox
- Next Generation Java Plug-in for Mozilla browsers: Installing or Updating Java in Firefox
Modified by SafeBrowser