Why does the scroll wheel stop working since version 3.6
Ever since the installation of version 4.0 there has been an issue with the scroll wheel not working properly. For the most part it works but occasionally the wheel stops working and no longer scrolls the pages up and down. At this point I need to close out the browser and reopen.
Have you updated your mouse drivers lately? Also, this can happen if you switch rendering engines using an addon such as IE Tab. If you have IE Tab installed, it may need updating.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
A few times a week
This started when...
Starting with Version 4.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.3.1
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:10.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0
Have you updated your mouse drivers lately? Also, this can happen if you switch rendering engines using an addon such as IE Tab. If you have IE Tab installed, it may need updating.
Thanks for the reply, I have checked my driver and shows it is up to date. I manually updated the driver again but as it was unzipping the files all the existing files were being replaced with files with the same build date so I'm pretty sure the mouse driver is up to date.
Is IE Tab an addon for firefox? If so then I don't have it installed.