I want you to stop the popups that you keep allowing to bypaas the pop up blocker or I will contact the better business bureau
I want you to stop the popups that you keep allowing to bypass the pop up blocker or I will contact the better business bureau
you are the only one that I and my neighbors are having a problem. It needs to stop
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
about 3 weeks ago
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- Pando Web Plugin
- Google Update
- OGPlanet Game Plugin
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
I have already had a computer person look @ it and it is Firefox related. All my friends are having the same issue and have gone back to internet explorer
You could be getting popups for a variety of reasons as there is no whitelist in Firefox in allowing ad popups or such.
The popups you are encountering could be as a result of malware/spyware for example.
There is some sites that have popups that can come through and a way to stop them is to opt out. For Netflix ads for example, see http://www.optmd.com/ and click on the CLICK TO OPT OUT on right.
I doubt the BBB will take you seriously in your claims without any proof that a well known open source company's product that has existed since 2002 is just letting your unnamed popups through as if Mozilla has sold out. Mozilla does not need any extra income as they get more than enough from Google just for making Google be the default search engine in Search Bar.
Modified by James
James, firdt they did take me seriously when I forwarded them 2 computer experts comments that have looked at my system and first hand saw what was happening. Maybe if Firefox took there company seriously and let real employees respond we might reach a resolution. Tell your boss to look for the BBB response as I was not the only user that attached proof. Thanks for your sarcasm...very professional.
Did you try James's suggestion? -
Do you see similar complaints in this forum? Have you tried a different browser? Have you tried disabling your OGPlanet Game Plugin?
I would bet that James could find what is wrong with your set-up in less than half-an-hour.
Mozilla Firefox as a free, open source product really has no obligations to anyone.
Modified by alan_r
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx - Microsoft Safety Scanner
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked