This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
firefox added its own admin to my computer and will not let me delete the shortcut w/o admin privelidges
A pop up came up while surfing the web, it would not let me close and kept asking to stay on page or leave, I hit leave but it kept popping up. I uninstalled firefox once I shut down the computer,now I just have a icon wich looks like a paper and when I try to deleate it it says I have to have admin permission to remove.
I now also have 3 accts on my computer and I have only set up one.
what can I do please help
All Replies (1)
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx - Microsoft Safety Scanner
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked