Can I transfer my list of favourites from Windows Internet Explorer?
The list of "Favourites" which I have accumulated on Windows Internet Explorer is extremely useful but I haven't found a way of transferring it to Firefox. Can you help?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Photodex Presenter Plugin 3,20,0,2047
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.110
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
Importing all of your favorites from Internet Explorer is actually quite easy. Just take a look at the Knowledge Base article Import Bookmarks from Internet Explorer. It should have all the information you need.
Hopefully this helps!
Thanks very much Matt_G. It worked a treat.
But Import form another browser is greyed out and does not work!
mdwood45, (and anyone else)
If "Import Data from Another Browser" is greyed out, this can happen if you are in Private Browsing - Use Firefox without saving history mode. Turn off that feature and try again.
If you need more help and you cannot find the answer in the Import Bookmarks from Internet Explorer article, please start a new thread. You can use this link as a starting point: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/new
Since the thread owner has marked the issue as "solved" I'm locking this thread.
Modified by AliceWyman