Am I missing something with upgrades?
I got your recent newsletter with the "speedometer", which showed I was using an older/slower version of Firefox -- plus there was that annoying black pop-up. I went ahead and upgraded as per instructions. Everything seemed to work fine. But when I went back to check, the "speedometer" showed I was still using the older/slower Firefox and the pop-up popped up again. So I upgraded a second time. Again everything went smoothly. But when I went back to the "speedometer" it showed I was still using the same older/slower Firefox. Am I missing something?
Additional System Details
Just once or twice
This started when...
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Google Update
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB7.1 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Your Firefox version is outaded (3.5.7). Download the latest version 9.0. from the official website: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html (pick your language) and install it over the old one.
Firefox is currently available in version 9
or manually install the new version: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Installing%20Firefox%20on%20Windows
here is the link to the current version: http://mozilla.org/firefox/new
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly on this. Turns out I had downloaded but not installed. Clicked on download, wizard appeared, installation a breeze after that.
And, of course, the new Firefox is nice and fast. (I also double-checked speedometer and it's really in.)
Thanks again, all the best in 2012, more to come as things develop --