Installed update of Firefox, but cannot drag into applications folder, it indicates that "The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient privileges", so how can I complete the install?
I try to drag the app into the applications folder where an old app of firefox exists and it asks me if I want to replace it and after i say yes it gives me the operation cannot be completed message.
Additional System Details
Not sure how often
This started when...
installed new update
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Experience Google Earth in the browser. For more information, please visit the Google Earth Plugin Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- DivX Plus Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- Plugin that plays RealMedia content
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5.1
- Office Live Update v1.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/2009073021 Firefox/3.0.13
If there are problems with updating or with the permissions then easiest is to download the full version and trash the currently installed version to do a clean install of the new version.
Download a new copy of the Firefox program and save the disk image (dmg) file to the desktop
- Firefox 9.0.x: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean (re-)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data if you uninstall and (re)install Firefox.