bookmarks disappeared after upgrade
I recently had the 2012 virus and had to upgrade my OS after it was removed,due to systemic damage. Afterwards, everything worked fine, then I upgraded my firefox from 8 to 9. Now my bookmarks are GONE & all the articles relating to recovering them havent worked.I didnt get an opportunity to do a manual backup(json) before this occurred.HELP
Additional System Details
- LogMeIn, Inc. Remote Access Components
- DivX Plus Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.113
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- HP Product Detection Plugin
- Plug-in for detecting Nero Kwik Media.
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:10.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0
A possible cause is a problem with the file places.sqlite that stores the bookmarks and the history.