Updated Firefox but it disabled Microsoft net framework.. can't even access my Control Panel, now. What do I do?
It told me after the fact that it was not compatible with Microsoft net framework and that when a fix came up, I'd be able to find it. I cannot access any programs nor anything in the control panel.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I updated Firefox
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 4.0; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
I doubt that Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant has anything to do with your Control Panel issue. You can turn it back on; see the articles below. New versions of Firefox give you the opportunity at install to activate or not activate Add-ons, especially those added by third-party programs like .NET Framework. As for your other applications not working, that is something for which you will need to determine the causes.
- See --> https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Add-ons%20are%20disabled%20after%20updating%20Firefox
- Also see --> http://lifehacker.com/5791578/what-is-the-net-framework-and-why-do-i-need-it
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.
Not related to your question, but...
You may need to update some plug-ins. Check your plug-ins and update as necessary:
- Plug-in check --> http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in: Installing (or Updating) the Shockwave plugin with Firefox
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape: Installing/Updating Adobe Reader in Firefox
- Shockwave Flash (Adobe Flash or Flash): Updating Flash in Firefox
- Next Generation Java Plug-in for Mozilla browsers: Installing or Updating Java in Firefox
Modified by SafeBrowser
Which Operating System do you have?
Are you running Firefox in some compatibility mode or did you (or an extension) change the user agent as it shows NT 4 as the OS?
- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 4.0; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1