I do not have 'Iminent' in my list of programs to uninstall. I want rid of the thing ! HOW?
I have been using Firefox for several years and have enjoyed it, first off; however, I have become aggravated enough with the last 2 updates to ditch it, if it can't act right.
I have tired to uninstall that pesky Iminent search, followed instructions for removal, only to find it is NOT in my program line up so I cannot uninstall it !! What do I do now? I have totally taken Firefox 9.01 out, hoping it would allow me to get rid of this pesky, obtrusive thing that keeps coming up rather than my home page ! I do not like it !! I want rid of it.
Also with my last 2 updates or upgrades, I lost the very best program add on I had, "Norton Toolbar" !! It kept all my accounts ids log in information, and gave me info about the pages I was in doubt about. Now I have Norton 360, 5.0, have had it updated so I could run it on this 9. and 9.01, and it isn't even in the line up for add on. I was even using Firefox as my default most of the time, now there is no way I will with this going on.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
The last two updates or upgrades, was when it was ruined.
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_30 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
The page never completes when i try to get into "Manage Add Ons", so that i can unload these "Plugins" I have never had to choose plug ins for Firefox, and don't even know why they were all marked. I have to be able for the page to load before i can ever get into the manage add ons and plug ins and unplug them all.
- See --> http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110720121325AA6p5ZT
- Do you have "Search the Web" in your programs list to remove?
- You also may need to:
- Reset your home page (if the search page is displayed when starting Firefox): http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/How+to+set+the+home+page
- You can reset to the default by clicking "Restore to default" on Options > General > Startup > Home page. Be sure to set "When Firefox starts" to "Show my home page" on that same panel.
- Reset your Location Bar search engine (if typing a few words in the URL/Location Bar takes you to Ask search):
- type about:config in your Location Bar, like typing a web site address, and press the Enter key
- ignore warning and choose to continue
- in Filter, type keyword.URL
- in lower part of screen, if it is bold and shows "user set", right-click keyword.URL and choose "Reset"
- in Filter, type searchtheweb (repeat this step and the next step for iminent)
- any items in lower part of screen in bold and showing "user set", right-click and choose "Reset"
- close about:config tab
- Firefox 8
- Firefox 9
- For both both Firefox 8 and 9, also see --> https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Add-ons%20are%20disabled%20after%20updating%20Firefox (refer to Norton and Firefox 8 above for the Add-ons that may need to be enabled)
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.
Modified by SafeBrowser
An old trick that sometimes works is to install it again and then remove it via the instructions here: