Homepage Hijacked by:http://www.whitehotproductions.com/3bed92/index.html
My homepage has been hijacked and I have been trying to fix it for days. I was finally able to get it off Internet Explorer (which I don't use), but cannot get it from coming up as my homepage on Firefox. Each time I open Firefox, this URL comes up: http://www.whitehotproductions.com/3bed92/index.html
I have deleted and reinstalled Firefox, ran spyware and anti-virus programs and tried a variety of other suggestions from this forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
Any ideas on how to fix this?
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
Does anyone have any other suggestions?
It not only hijacks the home page but resets preferences to hijacked home page if preferences are set to open last session. the solution that "works" for me is: I installed the add on "Session Manager" This at least brings Firefox back to the tabs that were last opened. Doesn't solve the home page issue though...