My bookmark icons disappeared when I dowloaded the newest version
I downloaded the most recent version and the icons under my bookmark dropdown menu have disappeared. Is there a way to reestablish them?
Is anybody at Firefox recognizing that they have messed up on this and need to sort it out, there is no way I am going to mess around with any settings if it could screw up my computer. Is it possible to revert back to the older version of Firefox 8.0.1, and if so then how is it done. Any advice appreciated.Read this answer in context 4
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 202
- Coupons Inc., Coupon Printing FireFox Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:9.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0
Try to set the image.mem.decodeondraw pref to false on the about:config page.
See Bug 705516 - Missing Favicons in the Application Menu Bar
You should also update to Firefox 9.0.1
The problem is actually on 9.0.1! The error should be corrected without the need to do special setting like about:config.... Reverting to the old Firefox might not be the best idea? I have the version 8.0.1 on other laptop, maybe I try to transfer that version; strange is there it says "Firefrox is up to date". I will probably just wait for Firefox update for some more days and I only wonder why this is taking so much time. BTW if you open "Show all bookmarks" the icons are there.
Modified by GilbertVK
so is firefox going to fix this? I've wasted 5 hours trying to solve the problem.
Is anybody at Firefox recognizing that they have messed up on this and need to sort it out, there is no way I am going to mess around with any settings if it could screw up my computer. Is it possible to revert back to the older version of Firefox 8.0.1, and if so then how is it done. Any advice appreciated.
Modified by scousemax